How long will a permit take to be issued?
If all the required items are submitted with the permit package, it will take 3-5 days.
What items are required to be submitted with the permit package in order to get a building permit?
A complete list can be downloaded by clicking here.
Establishing a Business in Sulphur Springs is simple.
- If you are locating to a facility that has not been vacant for a year and requires no alterations and is properly zoned, you are ready to setup your business.
- If you are locating a restaurant in the community, a health permit is required.
- If you are locating into an existing facility that will require modifications inside, a building permit will be required. Sulphur Springs subscribes to the International Existing Building Code for existing buildings and the International Building Code 2012 for new buildings. Permits require two copies of your building plan in hardcopy as well as two copies on CD.
- If you are locating downtown and plan to make improvements to the outside of the building, you will need to fill out a Certificate of Design Application for approval from the Downtown Revitalization Board.
- If you are building a facility and need to plat the property differently or if you are wishing to rezone, you will need to file forms with Planning and Zoning and file for a building permit.
- If the building you are moving into has not been occupied for one year, you may need to call City Hall and order a new Water Tap.
- To turn on utilities, see our utilities page.
We are here to serve you. We will walk you through any of the processes required to make sure you feel welcomed and to help assure your success in Sulphur Springs.
- Your business may qualify for incentives. For more information on incentives and grants, contact the Economic Development Corporation and the Business Service Center.
- Whether you are a current business or a start-up, the Small Business Development Center has a wide array of free resources. They will assist you in loan applications, business planning, market research, and more.
- To apply for a fictional name or “Doing Business As”, you will need to contact the Hopkins County Courthouse in person and fill out an application. The courthouse is located on the Sulphur Springs square. The cost is $6.
- If you are seeking a DUNS number, often required for federal assistance, the application is free and can be filled out online. The website ishttp://fedgov.dnb.com/webform.
You may be interested in acquiring an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for business and tax purposes. The application is free may be applied for online athttps://sa2.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp.
- To apply for an LLC, Corporation, Franchise Tax filings, Sales Tax filings, or other business needs that are not conducted at the local level, please visit the State’s Comptroller website at http://www.sos.state.tx.us and the Secretary of State’s website at http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/00-forms.html